Protecting the UCLA Community
News and Updates
- Bruin Card Access to Medical Waste Sites
- Some of the medical waste accumulation sites in the School of Medicine areas are transitioning to a BruinCard access systems.
- Zika Virus Hazard Communication & Guidance
- The UCLA Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) has developed a guidance document to address emerging health and safety concerns associated with Zika virus research being conducted at UCLA.
- Tests of New Biohazard Waste Barrels
- The MRL and CHS building will begin testing new BIOHAZARD solid waste Stericycle barrels as proposed replacements for the 44-gallon red biohazard solid waste barrels. BSRB has been using these barrels for a few months without incident.
- *NEW* Medical Waste Bag Requirements 2015
- Information on new Medical Waste Bag Requirements
- CDPH Inspections 2015
- CDPH 2015 Inspections
- IBC Compliance Training
- All lab personnel are required to complete this 20 minute online training for NIH compliance.
- New Incident Response Poster
- Here are the A,B,C's of a biological incident. Hang this poster in your lab, vivarium and work areas to inform people of the correct response to a biological incident.
- Biosafety Inspections - How to get ready
- Do you need a biosafety lab inspection? Are you preparing for one? Check out this helpful page to get ready.
- Biosafety Spill Kits
- Every lab working with biohazards should have a biosafety spill kit available. Check out this page to find out what you need in yours. More News »