Controlled Substance Program for Research
The UCLA Controlled Substance Program for Research provides assistance and monitoring for the use of regulated drugs and precursor chemicals in research.
Here are some of the services covered by our program:
- Department Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration- Set-up and Maintenace
- Laison for External Regulatroy Agencies
- Full document management and record archival
- Inventory Control- Procurement to Waste Disposal
- Consultations Services
- Investigation and Reporting for Suspected Loss of Material or Spills
MEET OUR STAFF
- Alyssa Leiva- Controlled Substances Program Administrator (CSPA)
- Judi Abegania- Controlled Substances Program Specialist (CSPS)
DEA registrations are submitted, managed, and renewed by the Controlled Substance Program Administrator (CSPA). These registration are not broad scope licenses and require a Controlled Substance Use Authorization (CSUA). A CSUA captures information associated with the use and storage of controlled substance.
PIs are responsible for providing and maintaining secure controlled substance storage.
To get your storage location approved and verified, or to develop a storage plan, contact [email protected].
Approved CSUA are assign a CSUA ID number, PI’s and staff are advised to use this number when placing orders.
Order are submitted via an online order form.