Oversees occupational safety and compliance programs for campus departments.
Safety programs include but are not limited to:
- Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
- UCLA Shop Safety Program and high hazard operations
- UCLA Hazard Communication Program
- UCLA Public Access Defibrillator (PAD) Program
- UC Performing Arts Safety Manual
Oversees Industrial Hygiene Programs for campus departments including:
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)- including odors, dust and mold
- Hazard and Exposure Assessment Programs- Personal exposure sampling for hazardous chemicals and physical hazards such as noise and vibration.
- Respiratory Protection Program- provides training & fit testing
- Ventilation surveys
Oversees The Environmental Health Programs (EHP) for the campus which includes:
- Food Facility Inspections
- Food Facility New Construction/Renovation Plan Check Program
- Foodborne Illness Prevention and Response
- Recreational Waters (Swimming Pools) Inspections
- Drinking Water Sanitation and Chlorination
- Communicable Disease Pathogen Testing
- Temporary Food Event Permitting and Inspections
- Integrated Pest Management
Our team assists campus departments in compliance issues and acts as a liaison between campus departments and environmental regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations. All environmental permits including: South Coast Air Quality Management District permits, industrial wastewater permits, storm water permits and underground storage tank permits for the campus are managed through Environmental Compliance.